There is something at the Y for everyone.
- All members are expected to follow our Membership Code of Conduct and Membership Handbook.
Membership is ongoing.
To terminate your membership you must notify us by the 20th of the month before you wish to terminate. Please submit your termination request through your online account or submit an email with your termination request to email@example.com. If you do not have an email, please speak to a Membership Representative to terminate your account.
Memberships can be put on hold, for a minimum of one calendar month and a maximum of three calendar months. Holds can be placed for travel, illness, injury, or other. Please note: Holds cannot be retroactive, they must be requested prior to the requested hold date.
- Our Guarantee: We hope you will love it at the Eugene Family YMCA. If you are not completely satisfied with your membership, let us know within 30 days of joining and we will refund your joining fee.
- The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access.
- Classes are offered in Group Fitness, Yoga, Pickleball, Aquatics and more.
- Use of cardio and strength equipment, pools, gyms and other amenities.
- Our Aquatics Center has a Lap Pool 84° (25 yards), Small Pool 90° and Hot tub 102°.
- Pool restrictions are based on height and swim ability, check-in with lifeguards.
- Nationwide Membership access to participating Y locations (excluding third-party billing members). Please call the Y you are planning to visit to learn details.
- Each adult receives a complementary Initial Appointment and Personalized Program with one of our certified Personal Trainers – call or stop by the desk to set this up.
- Each youth 12-17 years old receives 2 Teen Trainings, which are required for those under 15 years old to access Health & Wellness Center on their own.
- We encourage families to complete a complementary Family Training session to learn how to safely use the equipment. All children ages 8-11 years old must be accompanied by an adult to use the Health & Wellness Center. We love seeing families work out together.
- Reduced program fees for swim and tennis lessons, summer camp, youth sports, and childcare.
- Tennis Membership includes court reservations, visit: eugeneymca.tennisbookings.com
- Visit our website: eugeneymca.org for schedules, hours, programs and more.
- Download our Universal Y App to access GroupEx Pro schedules and make your class reservations.
- Learn how to access Your Account so you can register for youth programs, camps and more.
- Enjoy the Virtual Y Hub to view LIVE and RECORDED classes: eugeneymca.org/virtual-y-hub
- Sign up for your complimentary Initial Appointment, Personal Program, Teen Training or Family Training with our Personal Trainers.
- Questions? Call us at 541-686-9622 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW! YMCA UNIVERSAL APP
Stay Connected with the Y by downloading the Y App for ease and convenience.
Take a photo of the code below or click the link
With the app you can:
- Log your workouts
- Set personal goals and track your progress
- Reserve your spot in classes
- Participate in Challenges
- Register for Programs like swim lessons or youth basketball
- In the App Store or Google Play, search YMCA Universal App
- Receive Y notifications
- Upload your membership card and check-in from your phone
Third Party Insurance Providers
Insurance plans cover monthly membership dues, all aqua and group fitness classes and the Virtual Y Hub. The Y contracts with the following insurance providers for membership benefits:
- Active & Fit Experience
- Silver & Fit
- United HealthCare Renew Active
Please note, additional fees will apply to your account if you:
- add family members
- have a locker
- add on tennis membership
- Fit For You sessions, lessons, programs, merchandise
To get started a Membership Representative must verify your insurance information and check for eligibility. Once your information is confirmed, you will have membership access for that calendar year. Each January, members are required to renew their information with us to assure billing accuracy. If your insurance changes throughout the year, please be in contact with us immediately.
For questions, please contact email@example.com
VISITING OTHER Ys: Things to Know Before You Go
- As a Eugene Family YMCA member, you may also be considered a Nationwide Member, and have the added value of being able to visit Ys across the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Please know, Eugene Family YMCA members for whom their membership is paid for by a third-party payor do not have Nationwide Membership access as a membership benefit. In this case, when you visit a different Y you will need to pay the guest fee for the day.
- If you are a Nationwide Member at an alternate Y, relocating to Eugene (seasonally or for college) - your Eugene Family YMCA will ask for you to become a member here.
Y USA Guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
- Before you travel, contact the Y you intend to visit to make sure it is one of the more than 2,600 locations that participate in Nationwide Membership.
- You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- On average, at least 50% of your monthly visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold (or cancel it) and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option, or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
Parking Information and Map
When our neighbor, South Eugene High School is not in session (during the summer months, on weekends, on non-school days or before/after school is in session) Y members can park anywhere in the South Eugene High School parking lot. When school is in session it is important to park in only Y-designated spots (all the spaces facing Patterson Street, all the way up to 19th street). See the map for details:
Request for Reasonable Accommodation / Modification
Please make your request for reasonable accommodation or modification using the ADA Accommodation Request Form, or by contacting Brian Steffen, CEO or Crispin Shelley, VP of Human Resources. An interactive process will include conversations with the requesting member, the directors of impacted programs, and the CEO and VP of HR to create appropriate accommodations/modifications in compliance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA.) An action plan and modification will be developed, approved, and communicated to the requesting member within 14 days of receiving the request.