Age 3 - 5
A Safe Space to Learn and Grow
The YMCA serves hundreds of families who require safe, affordable and caring childcare in the form of preschool, after school care, and summer programming. On any given school day, we provide an afterschool home for more than 700 youth and help them build confidence, create connections, learn and dream.
No School Day/ Winter Break Registration is OPEN:
CARE OFFERED ON:
- November 9th and 10th (offered at Holt, McCornack, and Spring Creek sites)
- December 2nd (offered at Holt, McCornack, and Spring Creek sites)
- December 19th – 22nd (offered at our Patterson YMCA location)
- December 27th – 30th (offered at our Patterson YMCA location)
PRICE: $40 per youth/day
TIME: 7:00am to 6:00pm
WHAT TO BRING: Lunch, two snacks, water bottle, appropriate clothing and shoes for the day
2022-23 Early Learning and Before/Afterschool Care
- Family Handbook (School Year 2022-23)
- Financial Assistance - Once your child is offered a place in our programs, we are able to assist with DHS, ERDC, and Scholarship Assistance! Please fill out after your child is enrolled.
- School Year Medication Form (Due August 30th or whenever updated)
- Tuition (Summer 2022 and School Year 2022-23)
- Covid Guidance: Early Learning or School Age (this changes as the ELD, OHA, ODE make changes)
- Calendar: Look below for our School Year Calendar and No-School Day Dates
Click Here for School Year Calendar and No School Days
The Eugene Y and Eugene 4J School District Partner to create a BEST Afterschool Program at Howard, McCornack and River Road/El Camino del Rio Elementary Schools.
At the Y, we believe all kids have potential. But statistics show a large number of children from low-income environments reach kindergarten unprepared and they continue to fall behind in school without proper interventions. This "gap" is known as the Achievement Gap.
The Eugene Family YMCA was awarded a grant from YMCA of the USA to help close the Achievement Gap in our local community. Thanks to this grant, the Eugene Family YMCA and the Eugene 4J School District have partnered together to with the BEST Afterschool Program at Howard, McCornack and River Road/El Camino del Rio Elementary Schools.
Since 2000, the BEST Afterschool Program has been supporting the academic and enrichment of students and families at sites throughout the Eugene School District. The partnership between the YMCA and 4J at these three schools will allow each organization to offer students what they do "best" with the shared mission of closing the Achievement Gap.
Every BEST Afterschool Program has three key components; targeted academic and homework support, meal and enrichment. Staff from 4J will offer the students homework and academic support while staff from the Y will provide enrichment activities. Examples of enrichment activities include STEM demonstrations, music and art experiences, field trips to the library, outdoor hikes and much more.
The Eugene Family YMCA Achievement Gap Program is the first YMCA of the USA financially supported Achievement Gap program in the State of Oregon.
Send Us Feedback!
If you would like to send us feedback about any of our programming, whether you are a YMCA family, coach or staff, please submit a feedback form. We look forward to reading them!
Kindergarten - Age 12
Preschool - 8th Grade
Middle / High School