Make a difference in our community when you referee at the Y!
Why say yes to officiating, you ask?
- LOVE OF SPORTS: Most officials start out as athletes or sports fans or both. As an official, you won’t just be watching, you’ll be part of the game—with the best view in the house!
- GIVE BACK: Most officials feel that they have gotten something important from their sport before becoming an official. Officiating is a way to guide and enrich the lives of the athletes who are playing by teaching the value of sportsmanship and fair play.
- EXTRA MONEY: There is no better way to make a little extra money doing something you enjoy! It’s the perfect extra gig for anyone for high school students, parents and retirees.
- LIFE SKILLS: Officiating teaches independent thinking and the ability to see the big picture — a skill that translates outside of officiating. It also requires dedication and the ability to work as a team.
- STAY ACTIVE: Who doesn’t like getting paid to exercise? You won’t need much motivation to work out—as you get in better shape, you’ll become a better official.
- GET IN THE GAME: Maybe you want to stay engaged and a part of the game you loved to play, or maybe you are looking get more engaged in the game your kids are playing. Either way, being an official will give you access to, and an appreciation for, the rules and strategies of the games you officiate like nothing else can.