Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you have an app?
Yes, we do! Stay connected with the Y by downloading the YMCA Universal App for ease and convenience.
Search YMCA Universal App in the App Store or Google Play, take a photo of the code below or click the link to download the app.
With the app you can:
- Reserve your spot in group fitness classes
- Upload your membership card and check-in from your phone
- Log your workouts
- Set personal goals and track your progress
- Participate in challenges
- Register for programs like swim lessons or youth basketball
- Receive Y notifications
Can I visit other YMCAs with my membership?
VISITING OTHER Ys: Things to Know Before You Go
- As a Eugene Family YMCA member, you may also be considered a Nationwide Member, and have the added value of being able to visit Ys across the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Please know, Eugene Family YMCA members for whom their membership is paid for by a third-party payor do not have Nationwide Membership access as a membership benefit. In this case, when you visit a different Y you will need to pay the guest fee for the day.
- If you are a Nationwide Member at an alternate Y, relocating to Eugene (seasonally or for college) - your Eugene Family YMCA will ask for you to become a member here.
Y USA Guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
- Before you travel, contact the Y you intend to visit to make sure it is one of the more than 2,600 locations that participate in Nationwide Membership.
- You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- On average, at least 50% of your monthly visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold (or cancel it) and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option, or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
Can I put my membership on hold?
Memberships can be put on hold, for a minimum of one calendar month and a maximum of three calendar months. Holds can be placed for travel, illness, injury, or other. Please note: Holds cannot be retroactive, they must be requested prior to the requested hold date.
How do I terminate my membership?
To terminate your membership you must notify us by the 20th of the month before you wish to terminate. Please submit your termination request through your online account or submit an email with your termination request to email@example.com. If you do not have an email, please speak to a Membership Representative at the Welcome Center to terminate your account.
Our Guarantee: We hope you will love it at the Eugene Family YMCA. If you are not completely satisfied with your membership, let us know within 30 days of joining and we will refund your joining fee.
What is the Y's Code of Conduct?
At the Y, we welcome everyone whose behavior adheres to our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Caring for yourself and those around you is highly valued and expected.
- Honesty will be the basis for all relationships and interactions.
- Respect yourself, others, personal spaces, personal property and program property.
- Be Responsible for your own actions.
We value individuals of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, gender identities, abilities and sexual orientations. We are committed to having programs and services that embrace diversity, respecting the people and needs of our communities.
We encourage the following:
- Engaging in Healthy Lifestyles
- Respecting Differences and Celebrating Diversity
- Modeling Empathy
- Learning New Skills
- Meeting Other People
- Supporting Relationships
- Being a Role Model
- Behaving in a Safe Way
To promote safety, all individuals are asked to act appropriately and follow the rules/guidelines at all times within our facility or when participating in our programs. We expect persons using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly and to respect the rights and dignity of others.
Failure to follow this code of conduct will result in disciplinary actions, which may include immediate eviction from the premises, loss of privileges, suspension or expulsion. The following actions listed below are behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities and programs, and therefore not allowed:
- Being under the influence, selling, using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs on Y property, or while participating in a Y sponsored program
- Smoking and/or vaping: The Y and its property is a smoke-and-vape-free environment
- Carrying or concealing weapons or any object that can be used as a weapon
- Threats of harm, physical aggression or acts of violence
- Abusive, harassing and/or obscene language, gestures, bullying or intimidation
- Discriminatory speech or actions
- Conduct or actions of a sexual nature
- Inappropriate attire as determined by Y staff
- Theft or behavior that results in the loss or destruction of property
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the Y, beyond typical use of the Y
- Unauthorized pictures/videos/audio of facilities, members or participants without their permission
- Animals are not permitted in the facility or on Y property (trained ADA service animals accepted)
- Y members are not allowed to formally instruct, coach, teach, or educate their clients, students, other Y members, or participants on the Y’s property, within the Y facility, or with the use of Y equipment or supplies without written authorization from the CEO. Note, these requirements do not apply to classroom-style instruction events that take place in an office or in the conference rooms at the Y
- Y members are not allowed to utilize the Y’s property, facility, equipment or supplies for formal instruction, coaching, teaching, or education that is provided to them or a member of their membership unit by an individual not acting in their capacity as a Y employee
- Not following the rules/guidelines within the Y facility or when participating in Y programs
- Policies and services are subject to change without notice in order to better meet the needs of Y members and participants
- Any other behavior deemed in conflict with the Y by the CEO or Program Directors
Individuals who experience or observe inappropriate conduct are encouraged to promptly report their concern to Y staff. Every effort will be made to ensure that reports are investigated and will be resolved in a timely manner. The Y may contact security, police or other authorities for assistance or to take appropriate legal action.
Issued October 2021
What is the Y's Release and Waiver Agreement?
Assumption of Risk: Accessing Y facilities or participating in Y activities carries risk of serious and/or permanent injury, whether physical or mental, and death, which may arise from my actions and the actions, inactions, and negligence of others including the Y. It is my responsibility to judge my physical and mental capabilities for such activities and seek medical consultation before participating in any Y activity. I freely assume all risks, including risks arising from the negligent actions and inactions of others, including the Y. The Y does not carry an accident or health insurance policy on any visitor at any time. There are areas of Y facilities that are periodically unsupervised. I must act appropriately and follow all the Y rules and guidelines at all times while accessing Y facilities or when participating in Y activities.
Emergency Medical Care: In an emergency, I authorize the Y to administer first aid by trained staff and to obtain emergency medical treatment.
Waiver and Release: I waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue, on behalf of myself, and any other person in my care, custody or control, including minors (“Releasing Individuals”), the Y, its employees, officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, volunteers, representatives, agents, insurers, and servants from any and all claims arising out of or resulting from any injury, death, loss, or damage suffered by any Releasing Individual, including such injuries arising from the Releasing Individuals’ use of Y facilities and participation in Y activities, regardless of whether such injuries result, in whole or in part, from the negligence of the Y.
Further Release: By participating in the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program, I release the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of Y facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
Indemnification: I agree to indemnify, save, and hold harmless the Y from any loss, liability, damages, or costs the Y incurs due to my use of Y facilities and participation in Y activities, whether or not such loss, liability, damages, or costs are caused by the negligence of the Y.
Binding Effect; Additional Agreements: I agree that this Waiver is binding on me, my heirs, legal representatives, successors, and assigns in addition to the terms and conditions of any releases and waivers of liability and indemnity agreements I have executed or will execute with the Y. I will follow the Member Code of Conduct and Member Handbook guidelines (provided on the Y website, copies available upon request).
Property Loss: The Y is not responsible for property lost, damaged or stolen while accessing Y facilities or participating in Y activities.
Images and Video; Marketing: The Y often uses images and video for promotional purposes. I give my permission for the Y to use images or video of me, or any other person in my care, custody, or control, including minors, for publication online or in print for promotions, advertising, marketing materials, Y websites or Y social networks, editorial trade advertising, and any other lawful purposes related to the Y without compensation or claim for/by me. I also understand that I or other persons in my care, custody, or control, including minors, may or may not be identified in such publications. I assume full responsibility for removing myself from media opportunities which I do not wish to participate in. I hereby grant the Y unrestricted right to use or publish images of myself and all persons in my care, custody, or control, including minors.
Membership Discretion: The Y conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the Y revokes membership and facility use, ends program participation and removes visitation access.
Security Notice: The Y has a video surveillance system to safeguard our members, visitors and staff. All video, audio and images will only be used for surveillance purposes.
Applicable Law; Modification: This Release and Waiver Agreement is governed by the substantive laws of the State of Oregon without regard to conflict of law rules. If any part of this Release and Waiver Agreement is found invalid, void or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of any other provision in this Release and Waiver Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. This Release and Waiver Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by the Y.
By signing, for myself and on behalf of any person in my care, custody, or control, including minors, I understand and accept the terms of this Release and Waiver Agreement. If I am a new member, I acknowledge that upon my first visit to the Y I must bring a government issued photo ID to the Welcome Center desk to obtain a membership card, have my photo taken and receive a general orientation.
Issued October 2021
What is the Y's Member Payment Agreement?
Membership Dues: I will keep my membership dues up to date. I understand that unpaid balances may result in termination of my membership.
Monthly Draft: Monthly payments will be drafted, on the 1st or the 15th, from my checking or savings account, debit or credit card (my monthly draft covers member access from the 1st to the last day of the calendar month). I give authority to my Bank and/or Credit Card company to honor pre authorized payments. When the Bank or Credit Card company honors the payment by charging my account, such payment shall constitute my receipt. If the Y’s attempt to charge my card is declined, I am responsible for paying the balance within that month.
If I need an exception and cannot pay with a bank or credit card account, I will speak with a Membership Representative for other options. I understand that, in order to maintain my Y membership without a billing method on file, I agree to make payment of the dues on my account within the first 10 days of each month.
Status Change: I will keep my information at the Y current and correct. I will notify the Y of change of address, email or phone number, billing method, emergency contact information, addition or deletion of eligible family members, and any other information that would affect my membership or membership status at the Y, within 30 days of the change.
Termination: I understand my membership is a continuous plan. To terminate my membership I must notify the Y by the 20th of the month. I will submit my termination request through my online account or submit an email with my termination request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If I do not have an email, I will speak to a Membership Representative to terminate my account.
Discrepancies: I understand that all billing discrepancies must be reported within 45 DAYS of the original transaction date.
Issued October 2021
Does the Y have a Membership Handbook?
Yes, we do! Please review the Y membership handbook for detailed member information.
What is the Virtual Membership Group Exercise Waiver?
Physical exercise, in all of its forms and with or without the use of equipment such as blocks, straps or any other equipment that may be used by an instructor of The Young Men’s Christian Association of Eugene Family YMCA (the “YMCA”), is a strenuous physical activity. Accordingly, you are urged and advised to seek the advice of a physician before beginning any physical exercise regimen, routine, program, or using any suggested equipment shown in any of the videos from the YMCA. The YMCA is not a medical organization and its instructors or staff cannot give you medical advice or diagnosis. All suggestions and comments relating to the use of equipment, poses, moves and instruction are not required to be performed by you and are carried out at your election while viewing YMCA videos. Nothing contained herein should be constructed as any form of such medical advice or diagnosis.
By using this content you represent that you understand that physical exercise carries the risk of serious and/or permanent injury, whether physical or mental, and death, arising from your actions and the actions, inactions, and negligence of others including the YMCA. You understand that it is your responsibility to judge your physical and mental capabilities for such activities. You freely assume all risks, including risks arising from the negligent actions and inactions of others, and accept full responsibility for your participation.
You waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue, on behalf of yourself, your minor children, and any incapacitated person in your care or custody (“Releasing Individuals”), the YMCA, its employees, officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, volunteers, representatives, agents, insurers, and servants from any and all claims arising out of or resulting from any injury, death, loss, or damage suffered by any Releasing Individual, including such injuries arising from the Releasing Individuals’ use of this content and the YMCA’s activities or programs, regardless of whether such injuries result, in whole or in part, from the negligence of the YMCA.
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold harmless the YMCA from any loss, liability, damages, or costs the YMCA occurs due to your use of this content and the YMCA’s activities or programs, whether or not such loss, liability, damages, or costs are caused by the negligence of the YMCA.
You agree that this Waiver is binding on you, your heirs, legal representatives, successors, and assigns in addition to the terms and conditions of any releases and waivers of liability and indemnity agreements you have executed or will execute with the YMCA.
Updated October 9, 2020