ENHANCE®FITNESS is CURRENTLY ON HOLD so we can try to keep our community as safe as possible. Please contact us for any specific questions.
Active Lives for Older Adults
ENHANCE®FITNESS is a nationally recognized, evidence-based senior fitness program endorsed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). It is an hour-long exercise class, proven to increase cardiovascular health, muscle strength, bone density, mental sharpness, flexibility and balance. It is appropriate for a variety of physical abilities and especially suited for those looking for low-impact exercise or suffering from arthritis.
What You Can Expect
- Classes meet three times per week for 60-minutes each.
- 4-month program, with pre- and post- fitness assessments to track participant progress.
- Some people will be standing, some will be seated—and some will use the chairs to hold onto for support.
- You’ll notice that participants move at a pace that’s comfortable for them.
- The class focuses on strength, flexibility, movement and balance.
- You’ll make friends who will support you and cheer you on.
For More Information:
Brynne Blevins Andrus, Enhance®Fitness Coordinator