Pickleball is a fun paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and ping pong into a game ideal for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is relatively easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for more experienced players.
Your Y offers a number of opportunities to participate in the fastest growing sport in the country, Pickleball!
Learn to Play Pickleball
Learn how to play pickleball on Thursdays from 9:15 to 10:45 a.m. A Y instructor will show you the basics and you'll be ready to play games in no time!
Register below through GroupEx Pro!
Weekly Pickleball Mixers.
|Tuesdays||8:30-10:30 a.m. & 1 - 3pm||Basketball Gym||Beginner & Intermediate Levels|
|Wednesdays||12:15 - 2:45pm||Tennis Center||Intermediate & Advanced Levels|
|Thursdays||1 - 3pm||Basketball Gym||Beginner & Intermediate Levels|
|Fridays||11 am - 1pm||Tennis Center||Intermediate & Advanced Levels|
- A limit of 20 participants in the Tennis Center and 16 in the Basketball Gym at our drop-ins.
- Advanced registration is required to guarantee your space. Drop-ins without registration will only be allowed if registration is not full.
- Masks are optional while at the Y
Weekly Pickleball Reservations.
4 Pickleball courts are available for reservations
|Mondays||12:15 - 1:30pm||Tennis Center|
|Tuesdays||10:45am - 12pm||Tennis Center|
|Thursdays||10:45am - 12pm||Tennis Center|
|Saturday||4 - 5:15pm||Tennis Center|
- You can also download our YMCA Universal App. You can register for all of our Pickleball drop-ins and court reservations through our online registration system.
- You do not need to be a member to create an account and have access to registrations.
- If you would like more information or help setting up your account please call or stop by our membership service desks.
For More Information:
Darryl Wisner, Tennis Director & Head Teaching Professional
- Please ensure that you are wearing non-marking shoes designed for court use. If you're not sure check with a staff person.
- Water only in a closable container while on the courts (no coffee/sports drinks/food allowed).
- When in the Tennis Center, please be sensitive to others using the facility and keep noise to a minimum, including when walking behind the curtain.
- Enter the court area at the designated time if the court is in use.
- There are many different levels of players that participate in our programs, please be welcoming and encouraging to all players. If you prefer to not play with all other players please consider reserving a court for your own use.
We hosted a fantastic instructional clinic that was part of our Crunchy Dill Pickleball Tournament. Here is a video showing you how to play the game and get some tips. The video shows an amazing "volley to dink" sequence, the third shot strategy and additional tips to improve your game.
Many thanks to those who helped assist in hosting the clinic: Steve Paranto, Randy Bither, Joy Leising, Christine Barksdale, Tony Tollenaar and Wes Gabrielson. Also, a thank you to Cory Stores for the video.