Pickleball is a fun paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and ping pong into a game ideal for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is relatively easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for more experienced players.
Your Y offers a number of opportunities to participate in the fastest growing sport in the country, Pickleball!
Wednesdays: 12:15 to 2:45 p.m.
Fridays: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
With the Y’s desire to be a leader in the health and welfare of our community we are instituting some important Covid procedures and guidelines during our Pickleball Programs.
- A limit of 20 participants at our drop-ins.
- Advanced registration is required to guarantee your space. Drop-ins without registration will only be allowed if there are less then 20 people.
- Go to your YMCA online account (or create one) at eugeneymca.org to register for programs. You do not need to be a member to create an account and have access to registrations. You may also register by calling the YMCA at 541-686-9622 or 541-683-3410
- Masks are required indoors at the YMCA. If you would like to remove your face covering while playing you may show us proof of your vaccination when checking-in. We will give you a sticker - please display this where others can see it. If you don’t have a visible sticker others will most likely remind you of our policy.
- While waiting out please wear your face covering.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between others whenever possible.
Thank you for helping us keep each other safe while enjoying YMCA programs.
Courts available for Pickleball reservations.
Please call the Tennis Center at 541-683-3410 for pickleball court reservations. Reservations can be made 7 days in advance during office hours. Please note that courts not reserved 24 hours in advance will be canceled and made available for tennis reservations.
Mondays: 12:15 to 1:30 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:45 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Saturdays: 4 to 5:15 p.m.
For More Information:
Darryl Wisner, Tennis Director & Head Teaching Professional
- Please ensure that you are wearing non-marking shoes designed for court use. If you're not sure check with a staff person.
- Water only in a closable container while on the courts (no coffee/sports drinks/food allowed).
- When in the Tennis Center, please be sensitive to others using the facility and keep noise to a minimum, including when walking behind the curtain.
- Enter the court area at the designated time if the court is in use.
- There are many different levels of players that participate in our programs, please be welcoming and encouraging to all players. If you prefer to not play with all other players please consider reserving a court for your own use.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions we are not currently offering any pickleball group lessons.
Are you interested in lessons so you can join the craze of the fastest growing sport in the nation? In a lesson, you can expect to learn how to play or advance your skills; we do have equipment available for you to borrow.
Pickleball lessons are offered intermittently throughout the year, therefore, lessons will not be available each month. Check the link below to see if we have an upcoming session starting soon.
We hosted a fantastic instructional clinic that was part of our Crunchy Dill Pickleball Tournament. Here is a video showing you how to play the game and get some tips. The video shows an amazing "volley to dink" sequence, the third shot strategy and additional tips to improve your game.
Many thanks to those who helped assist in hosting the clinic: Steve Paranto, Randy Bither, Joy Leising, Christine Barksdale, Tony Tollenaar and Wes Gabrielson. Also, a thank you to Cory Stores for the video.