Your Y offers a number of opportunities to participate in the fastest growing sport in the country, Pickleball!
Pickleball is a fun paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and ping pong into a game ideal for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is relatively easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for more experienced players.
For More Information:
Darryl Wisner, Tennis Director & Head Teaching Professional
Pickleball Court Times
Two courts are available at each of the designated times.
|Monday||12:15 - 1:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10:45 am - 12:00 pm|
|Wednesday||1:45 - 3:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:45 am - 12:00 pm|
|Friday||10:45 am - 12:00 pm|
- Please ensure that you are wearing non-marking shoes designed for court use. If you're not sure check with a staff person.
- Water only in a closable container while on the courts (no coffee/sports drinks/food allowed).
- When in the Tennis Center, please be sensitive to others using the facility and keep noise to a minimum, including when walking behind the curtain.
- Enter the court area at the designated time if the court is in use.
- There are many different levels of players that participate in our programs, please be welcoming and encouraging to all players. If you prefer to not play with all other players please consider reserving a court for your own use.
Are you interested in lessons so you can join the craze of the fastest growing sport in the nation? In a lesson, you can expect to learn how to play or advance your skills; we do have equipment available for you to borrow.
Pickleball lessons are offered intermittently throughout the year, therefore, lessons will not be available each month. Check the link below to see if we have an upcoming session starting soon.
We hosted a fantastic instructional clinic that was part of our Crunchy Dill Pickleball Tournament. Here is a video showing you how to play the game and get some tips. The video shows an amazing "volley to dink" sequence, the third shot strategy and additional tips to improve your game.
Many thanks to those who helped assist in hosting the clinic: Steve Paranto, Randy Bither, Joy Leising, Christine Barksdale, Tony Tollenaar and Wes Gabrielson. Also, a thank you to Cory Stores for the video.
Drop In Pickleball
Find the level best suited for your skill set and come join in the game! 12-15 year olds welcome with an accompanying adult. Loaner paddles & balls are available for use. Check here for skill rate IFP rating descriptions.
Learn to Play Drop In
We have instructors on hand to get you started in the game, we will show you the basics and provide equipment so you can check out the fast growing sport in the country.
1.5 - 2.5 Drop In
This is our beginning to advanced beginning level, ready to rally and know how to score? Come join us!
2.5+ Drop In
This is our intermediate level for our more competitive players. Thursdays Drop In we use a challenge-court format.
All Levels Drop In
Want to encourage new players and get a change to play with more experienced players—this is your change to mix it up.