Join us in celebrating Welcoming Week (Sept 9-18) at the Y!
We'll have fun activities for members and kids around the Y all week and will celebrate the end of Welcoming Week on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 with our WELCOMING FESTIVAL from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Welcoming Week activities include:
- Monday: Coffee with DIG (in the lobby) - 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday: Coloring paper humans (in the lobby) - all day
- Wednesday: Storytime (live on social media) - 11:30
- Thursday: no scheduled event
- Friday: "I'm a Welcomer" photobooth (in the lobby) - all day
- Saturday: no scheduled event
- Sunday: Welcoming Festival - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Celebrated each year in September, Welcoming Week elevates the growing movement of communities that fully embrace new Americans and their contributions to the social fabric of our country. It's a chance for neighbors — both immigrant and U.S.-born residents — to get to know one another and celebrate what unites us as a community. If you are interested in learning more about the origin of Welcoming Week please visit Welcoming America's website.
During Welcoming Week, local governments, businesses, non-profits, social services, agencies, and community organizations host events to:
- Celebrate the diversity of our communities
- Bring together newcomers and long-standing residents to build mutual understanding
- Stand in solidarity with marginalized communities
- Help communities move beyond divisiveness and fragmentation