Join us for Healthy Kids Day at the Y!
At Healthy Kids Day, children and families will have the opportunity to learn about the importance of healthy eats, nutrition and physical activity, mental and emotional well-being and developing healthy habits.
Celebrated each year in May, Healthy Kids Day is a place for kids to be kids! Fun events, games, activities, open swim, group exercise and youth class demonstrations, healthy snacks, contests and prizes, local vendors and community partner booths and so much more are all free and open to the community.
Discover what your Y has to offer year after year:
- Food trucks
- Pickleball & other family-friendly games
- The first 300 families can get a free bike helmet from Safe Kids West Oregon
- The first 200 families can get a free life jacket thanks to Oregon Paddle Sports and the Y's Water Watchers Project
- Martial Arts demonstrations
- Face painting
- DJ for fun, move-your-body music!
- Raffle prizes!
- MORE FAMILY FUN!
Thank you to Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine and Eugene Magazine for sponsoring this event!
Thank you to all of our community partners!
Special thanks to Oregon Paddle Sports for passing out free life jackets and Safe Kids West Oregon for giving away free helmets to youth!
In 2023 we hosted over 30 incredible community partners at Healthy Kids Day!
- 15th Night
- Adaptive Sports Northwest
- American Red Cross
- American Discovery
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Emerald Valley
- Camp Lutherwood Oregon
- Cascades Raptor Center
- Circle of Friends School
- City of Eugene Recreation
- Emerald Kidsports
- Greater Oregon Behavioral Health, INC
- H.O.N.E.Y. Inc.
- Head Start of Lane County
- Looking Glass Community Services
- NAACP Eugene-Springfield
- Northwest Youth Corps
- O Heroes (University of Oregon Athletic Department)
- Parenting Now
- Parker Learning Gardens
- Peace Health
- Relief Nursery
- Rose Children's Theatre
- Team Duckling
- TEAM Eugene Aquatics
- TrackTown USA
- United Way of Lane County / The Early Childhood Hub of Lane County
- UO Museum of Natural and Cultural History