LIVE CONSTRUCTION CAMERA
Click the menu in the upper right corner to see a live cam or a time-lapse of the entire project to date.
MONTHLY CONSTRUCTION UPDATES
The new Y is in the homestretch: 75 days of construction left!
The month of September marks the long-awaited transition toward the finish details. This will be a busy month of painting throughout the Y. By month’s end, the interior should be nearly fully painted and the installation of tile and flooring will start. A highlight will be the installation of the wood floor in the gym! This month also marks the final significant concrete pour as we finish the deck for the pools. The work most visible to the community will be the exterior site work and landscaping.
We remain on budget and on schedule to complete construction on Nov. 14 and open in mid-December.
The new Y is in the homestretch as we approach the final three months of construction! We remain on budget and on schedule to complete construction in mid-November and open to the community in mid-December.
This month, construction crews will:
- Paint the preschools and group exercise studios
- Install the flooring in the group exercise studios
- Install the elevator
- Plaster and tile the pools
- Pour the pool deck
- Install the sauna
The sprint to the finish line is here! The New Y construction remains on budget and on schedule to open in December 2023. Throughout July, key milestones include:
- Completing the drywalling
- Beginning to paint in the group exercise rooms, community room, preschools and admin offices
- Beginning to install the casework in the group exercise rooms
- Polishing some of the concrete floors
- Installing the elevator
- Installing the splash pad
- Paving the southern portion of the parking lot
June marks the one-year anniversary of the new Y’s construction! We remain on budget and on schedule to open in December 2023. Throughout June, key milestones will include:
- Continued installation of exterior metal siding and windows
- Drywalling many of the interior walls
- Pouring the concrete for the indoor track
- Installation of many of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Completing the roof
- Starting to pave the south end of the parking lot.
June will also mark a major milestone as we officially begin the finish-level work on a few interior sectors, including:
- Installation of the backboards and hoops in the gymnasium
- Installation of the lockers for the group exercise rooms
- Painting the interior walls on the east side of the building
- Installation of some of the A/V equipment
The new Y has reached its 10th month of construction! It remains on schedule to be completed in November and open in December 2023. Throughout the month of May, the following key items will take place:
All of the concrete floors on the 2nd story will be poured.
The roofs of the gym and aquatics center will be completed.
Many spaces will have their windows installed.
Most of the interior walls will be framed out.
Can you believe the new Y construction is over halfway done?! The project continues to be on budget and on schedule to open December 2023. Some of the exciting progress includes:
- The roof and decking work continues on the south face of the new Y. You may notice the crane moving steel around the site in the next month.
- Workers are currently installing the roof joists above the cardio section of the PeaceHealth Wellness Center. The decking between the roof and the 2nd floor will be installed by mid-April.
- The roof joists and metal roof decking over the gymnasium will be mostly installed by the end of April.
- The plumbing for the showers in the locker rooms is currently being installed.
- The wood frames for the pool walls are being built. The pool walls will be poured by April 10.
- The metal studs for the group exercise rooms on the 2nd floor will be installed by April 14.
We'll continue to give you updates here and on social media as we head toward our grand opening!
We are looking forward to the new YMCA opening in December 2023! The construction remains on budget and on schedule. Throughout March, major milestones will include:
- March 6: The exterior walls will be completed for the main south face of the Y, which includes the youth corridor and the exterior walls around the 2nd floor’s PeaceHealth Wellness Center.
- March 14-16: Concrete slabs will be poured for the lap pool and the small pool.
- March 20: Open web steel joists will be installed over the gymnasium.
- March 24: Windows will be installed in the Aquatics Center.
We are looking forward to the new YMCA opening in December 2023! The construction remains on budget and on schedule. Throughout February, major milestones will include:
- Completion of the gymnasium walls in the NW corner of the building.
- Installation of the Aquatics Center's roof.
- Preparation of the forms for the lap pool's concrete pour.
- Installation of the roof over the group exercise rooms along the East side of the building.
- Beginning work for the final exterior walls along the South side of the building. These walls will enclose the drop-in childcare rooms, STEM learning lab, teen space and the PeaceHealth Wellness Center.
The new Y is well on its way to opening THIS YEAR (December 2023)! Last month, the most noticeable change was the rising of the large walls along 24th and Hilyard.
Throughout January, you will continue to see the exterior dimensions of the new Y take shape as large walls are completed along the southern and western sides of the Y. Major milestones this month will include the completion of the gymnasium’s exterior walls and the installation of structural steel components for the 2nd floor and the roof.
November saw the new YMCA start to rise out of the ground! The 35-foot tall wall on the north side of the Aquatics Center is clearly visible along 24th Avenue. Throughout the Y, the walls will continue to rise over the next several weeks. Many of the under-slab plumbing and electrical components have been installed as we prepare to start building internal systems.
In the photo below, you can see the tall wall in the background that runs along 24th Avenue and next to the future Y pools and the walls framing the preschool rooms in the foreground.
The new YMCA has now been under construction for roughly four and a half months. Over the past few weeks, the concrete slabs for much of the first floor have been poured, including the critical pour of the slab for the gymnasium. In this image the area in yellow is where the locker rooms will be located. This concrete will be poured the first week of November. Throughout November the community will really start to see progress on the YMCA as the walls start rising up. We are about 13 months away from opening the new YMCA!
You may have noticed the exterior wall of the new Y are beginning to be constructed, beginning around the Y's future pool. As of now, most of the plumbing and utilities have been laid underground in preparation for pouring the concrete slab, which will be the floor of the new Y. Pouring the slab will commence with the gym floor in the Northwest corner of the lot during the week of October 17.
We are thrilled to be just over two months into the new Y’s construction!
As you drive by the site, you can see that extensive work is taking place. Perhaps the most noticeable item is the large hole that has been dug along 24th Avenue for the pool.
Footings are being poured for the exterior walls and over the next few weeks the perimeter fences will be moved out toward 24th and Hilyard in order to facilitate new sidewalks and perimeter trees.
In October, the exterior walls will start going up and by February 2023 the roof will be on!
You may have noticed the concrete forms for the pool went up this month!
Progress continues towards building the New Y's foundation: rebar is being placed and concrete is being poured when you see the machine pictured here!
The new Y site continues to be leveled and graveled except where there is a HUGE hole for the future Aquatics Center!
The Aquatics Center features a 6-lane lap pool, a warm-water pool, a hot tub and a splash pad for toddlers.
We held our public groundbreaking ceremony on Thursday, June 23. The ceremony was an incredible display of community, collaboration, support and preparation for the future! We have thousands of donors, members, staff and friends of the Y to thank for getting the new Y to groundbreaking! Scroll through the photo gallery below to see more!
Chambers Construction started working the following day. They will spend the next few weeks prepping the site for the building. That includes dump trucks arriving at the site every 10 minutes to remove debris!
FOR MORE GIVING INFORMATION AND OPPORTUNITIES:
Danielle Uhlhorn, Chief Development Officer
541.686.9622 ext. 247
The Eugene Family YMCA is 501c3 non-profit. EIN 93-0500679