We are thrilled to invite you to the Y's 2nd annual Welcoming Festival, brought to you by the Y's Diversity, Inclusion and Global Engagement (DIG) Committee. It's a chance for neighbors to get to know one another and celebrate what unites us as a community.
We hope you'll join us on Saturday, Sept. 9, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for this enriching and inclusive event intended to promote cross-cultural understanding and community cohesion. The festival is free and open to everyone!
Expect a festive atmosphere with the following highlights:
- Cultural Showcases: Immerse yourself in the vibrant cultures of the world.
- Enjoy enchanting Latin rhythms from Trio Ritmo y Romance
- Dance along to Eugene Bhangra's lively, upbeat traditional Indian dance
- Be captivated by Ballet Folklorico Colibri's rich and colorful traditional Mexican dance performances
- Experience the mesmerizing rhythms of African drumming
- Awe at the passion and intricate footwork of Argentine tango
- Global Food Fair: Indulge your taste buds with food trucks such as El Buen Sabor and Sweet Bay Shaved Ice
- Family-Friendly Activities: Enjoy a wide range of engaging activities such as inflatable bounce houses, face painting, games, arts and crafts and more
- Community Engagement: Learn from local organizations that are dedicated to supporting individuals from diverse backgrounds and provide programs and services to children and families including Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce, Catholic Community Services, Food For Lane County, CASA of Lane County and the U of O Museum of Natural History, to name a few
Also in eNews:
- Youth Sports Registration
- Child Care Openings
- Teen Strength Program
- Fall Swim Lessons
- New Y Update
- HEARD AROUND TOWN